I like to try a new recipe every year for St. Pattys day. I am not a Guinness drinker so I tend to stray away from those and stick to baileys. I have made some really good cookies ( at least I liked them) before but wanted to try something new! This layer bar has a brownie bottom and more of a blondie/ custardy top. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 Trader Joe’s Dark chocolate bar chopped
- 8 ounces Siggis 2% vanilla cinnamon flavored yogurt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to go pack of instant coffee granules (about 1 tbs)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In your mixer, mix the flour, cocoa powder, white sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add in the melted butter, Baileys Irish Cream, and 3 eggs. Mix until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- top the brownie layer with the chopped chocolate bar.
- In another bowl add the two remaining eggs, yogurt, powdered sugar, and instant coffee granules. Whisk until smooth and there are no bumps.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the center is set.
- Cool for 15 minutes and then place the pan in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once the bars are completely cold and chilled then cut and serve!